If you are planning to travel to the United States and are from Singapore, you’ll have to bear in mind the visa regulations for this particular country. Now, Singaporeans can apply online. Lucky for you, AMERICA VISA FOR Singapore Citizens is here to help you deal with the essential procedures to be able to complete a successful application. Below, you’ll find some of the most common questions that travelers have when planning their own Adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I Need a Visa for the USA From Singapore?
No, a visa is not needed for Singapore passports when traveling tho the USA for purposes of tourism. However, Singapore citizens need to submit an application for an ESTA. To qualify for this, you will need to apply online for an ESTA before. You can check the requirements here.
What is an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)?
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is an automated system that helps in determining eligibility to go to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and if such traveling poses any law enforcement or security threat. Upon conclusion of an ESTA application, a traveler is notified of his or her eligibility to go to the United States under the VWP.
What’s a Visa Waiver Program (VWP)?
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is administered by the DHS (Dept. of Homeland Security) and empowers eligible citizens or nationals of designated countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business (for stays of up to 90 days) without first obtaining a visa.
I already have a valid visa. Do I need an ESTA to travel to the United States of America?
Individuals who possess a valid visa will still be able to travel to the USA with the purpose for which it was issued. Folks traveling with valid visas are not required to submit an application for an ESTA.
How long can people with a Singaporean passport remain in the United States?
All visits are strictly confined to business or tourism, and that means that you can NOT seek paid employment or a job.
**Which are the documents required to use?
These are the required documents, you need to send:
- A passport scan — we just need the data page of your AMERICA VISA FOR BRITISH CITIZENS. Below you’ll find instructions on how to produce the best passport scan for the application.
- Email address — if applying with iVisa, your visa will be transmitted to you via email, so be sure that you introduce a valid email address that you have access to.
- Means of payment — iVisa accepts multiple procedures of payment such as credit and debit cards or Paypal. Do not forget to double-check the spelling before submitting your application.
How long is the ESTA valid?
You have access to go to the US for 2 years after issued.
Which are the processing times and prices?
For Your ESTA, iVisa has three options of processing time and costs, and they are as follows:
- Standard — with 24 hours you can get your ESTA. All for USD $74.99.
- Rush processing — you will get your ESTA within 8 hours, along with the entire cost of it’s USD $113.99.
- Super rush processing — this is the quickest option. You’ll have your ESTA in only 2 hours, and you will be charged USD $157.99 to start your program.
How much time does it take to make an application for an ESTA?
We will let you know the application’s status once we receive the answer from the US Government.
How can I apply for an ESTA?
The application for an ESTA is really straightforward. It has only 3 steps:
- Step one will ask you to fill in your general information. In addition, you need to pick the processing time from the options mentioned above.
- The next step will ask you to revise measure one and make the payment.
- The final step consists of a poll. Other documents may be required as well, but it is dependent upon individual conditions.
In case you require assistance to fill your program, iVisa has a fantastic support service which you can call 24/7.
What happens after I have applied?
Once the application is completed, you simply need to wait for us to send you an email to notify you regarding your eligibility to go to the USA under the VWP.
How many times can I enter the United States having an ESTA?
This document allows citizens of Singapore a Multiple Entry.
Does the ESTA guarantee entrance into the United States?
No. In case your ESTA is accepted, it states that you’re entitled to go to the United States but doesn’t ensure that you’re admissible to the United States. Upon arrival in the USA, you will be scrutinized by an Immigration officer that will ascertain which you’re admissible under the Visa Waiver Program and/or any other United States law.