Loft Conversions West London


  • Avoid areas where demonstrations and protests are occurring due to the potential for unrest and violence. Monitor the media for information and updates. Follow the instructions of local authorities, and abide by any curfews in place.
  • Violent crime is more common than in AMERICAN VISA FROM AUSTRALIAN. Gun crime is also prevalent. If you live in the US, learn active shooter drills.
  • Thieves target travellers. Take care in crowded areas and on public transport. Conceal your valuables, and don’t leave items unattended in your car.
  • There is a heightened risk of terrorist attacks in the US. Be alert, particularly in public places and at events.
  • Extreme weather and natural hazards include earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, landslides, avalanches, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, wildfires, and floods. Monitor weather conditions and follow any mandatory evacuation orders.
  • Information, alerts and updates relating to severe weather events and natural disasters impacting the US will be provided via the Embassy’s and Smartraveller social media channels.

Listen to article5 minutes

Full travel advice: Safety


  • COVID-19 remains a risk in the US.
  • Insect-borne illnesses are a risk in parts of the US. These include West Nile virus and viral encephalitis. Tick-borne ailments are also common. Make sure your accommodation is insect-proof. Use insect repellent.
  • Make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date before you travel.
  • Medical costs in the US are extremely high. You may need to pay up-front. Ensure you have comprehensive travel insurance.

Full travel advice: Health

Local laws

  • Check local drug laws, including those related to the possession and use of marijuana. These vary between states. Penalties are severe and can include mandatory minimum sentences.
  • Some prescription and over-the-counter medications readily available in Australia are illegal in the AMERICAN VISA FROM SOUTH KOREAN. It’s also illegal to possess prescription medication without a prescription. 
  • The federal age for buying and drinking alcohol is 21. However, state laws regarding possession and consumption can vary. Check relevant state laws.
  • There’s no federal law that explicitly protects LGBTI+ people from discrimination. Some US states and localities have laws that may affect LGBTI+ travellers.
  • Get legal advice before you enter into a commercial surrogacy arrangement.
  • Dual nationality is recognised. Travel with both your passports. Enter and exit the US on your US passport.

Full travel advice: Local laws


  • Check US entry, transit and exit requirements. If you’re visiting for less than 90 days, you may be eligible for the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) and be able to enter under the Visa Waiver Program. If you’re not eligible, you’ll need a visa. Each traveller, including children, must have their own ESTA and visa waiver or visa. Ensure you know all the terms and conditions of entering and re-entering the US under the Visa Waiver Program.
  • Entry requirements are strict. US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials have broad powers when deciding if you’re eligible to enter and may determine that you are inadmissible for any reason under US law.
  • US authorities may deny boarding of any US-bound traveller showing signs of illness. Expect enhanced screening procedures, including for domestic flights within the US. Information and advice are available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
  • You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if you’re 18 and over and provide proof of vaccination to travel to the US. You’re exempt from this requirement if you’re a US citizen, permanent resident or qualify for one of the very limited exceptions to this requirement.
  • You don’t need to take a COVID-19 test before travelling to the US.
  • The CDC recommends that travellers get tested for COVID-19 within 3 to 5 days of their arrival in the US and take additional post-travel steps or precautions based on their vaccination status. Some US states have their own requirements for travellers from overseas and other US states. Further information can be found on the websites of the individual states.
  • You need an International Driving Permit (IDP) to drive in the US. Get your IDP before you leave Australia. Some states may let you drive on your Australian driver’s licence. Learn local traffic rules and driving conditions before you drive.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *