Indian e-Visa Eligibility
- American citizens can apply for an INDIAN VISA FOR US CITIZENS
- United States was a launch member of the India e-Visa program
- American citizens enjoy fast entry using the India e-Visa program
Other e-Visa Requirements
- American citizens can apply for online for India e-Visa
- India e-Visa is valid at designated aiports and seaports only
- Tourist e-Visa for India is available for 1 month, 1 year or 5 years
- Business e-Visa for India is valid for 12 months
- Medical e-Visa for India can also be applied online
Process for American Citizens to complete the Indian e-Visa Application
The Indian Visa for American citizens (passport holder) is available in electronic application form since 2014. This process is accessible on this website as officially supported by the Government of India under the eVisa India regime.
INDIAN VISA FOR BRITISH CITIZENS can be acquired in simple and easy manner. You may do so in response to our email or upload it at a future date. Our Indian Visa Help Desk can assist you in 47 languages. You can send us your information online or by email at email@example.com.
1. Apply Indian Visa
2. Receive e-Visa by email
3. Enter India
Is there a requirement for American Citizens to visit Indian Embassy at any stage?
When Indian Visa from United States is applied online there is no requirement at any stage to visit Indian Embassy or Indian Consulate. Once the eVisa for India is received by email, you can go to the Airport.
You do not have to visit Indian Embassy for any confirmation or stamp on the passport. There is no need to see Indian Embassy. Your name and passport number and American Nationality is recorded in the computer system.
Are American citizens required to courier passport / photograph / documents to Indian Embassy?
No, you do not need courier any required or supporting document to obtain Indian e-Visa. American Citizens can either send the evidence documents either by email in response to a query by Immigration Officer or Government of India requirement regarding your Indian Visa Application or upload documents on this website in case required to support your India Visa Application. The link to upload documents required for Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) will be sent to the applicant’s email address provided at the time of filing Indian Visa Online. American Citizens can also email directly to India e-Visa Help Desk.
What help and support can American Citizens get for filing the Indian Visa Online (India e-Visa)?
1 of the big advantages of applying Indian Visa Online from this website for the Government of India official immigration Visa is that American Citizens can provide us with the supporting documents for your Indian Visa Application either by email or upload on the portal. Additionally, you can email our friendly Indian Visa Customer Support staff in any file format like JPG, TIF, PNG, JPEG, AI, SVG and many more saving you the time and hassle of file conversion or compression of files. This is ideal for customers who are not technically savvy because physical visit to Indian Embassy can result in rejection of the Indian Visa Application because of blurry bad photograph or passport scan copy.
In case the Immigration Officers from the Government of India require additional documents to support American Citizens trip to India, then you can click on this link as to what are the Indian Visa Documents Requirements. You can read about requirements for essential documents here – Indian Visa Photograph Requirements and Indian Visa Passport Requirements. You can take a photo of your passport page and of your own face by your mobile phone or a camera and email Indian Visa Customer Support or upload on this website.
Can I apply for a Business Visit to India on American passportClick here to learn about Business Visa for US Citizens
How long does approval of American application take?
What facilities can be enjoyed with regards to the Indian e-Visa by the American Citizens?
The advantages of the Indian Visa Online received electronically (eVisa India) are as follows:
- Depending on the type of Visa applied for American Citizens are eligible to obtain an India Visa Online for up to 5 years in Validity.
- Indian Visa for American Citizens can be used to enter India multiple times
- American Citizens can utilize eVisa India (Indian Visa Online) for 90 day continuous and uninterrupted entry into India.
- India Visa Online is valid on 29 airports and 5 seaports for rather than land based immigration checkpoints for road travellers.
- This India Visa Online permits passage in all States and Union Territories of India.
- Indian Visa Online can be used for Tourism, Medical and Business Visits by the American Citizens
What are the limitations with regards to the Indian e-Visa for American Citizens?
There are a few limitations of Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) which are: American Citizens cannot pursue journalism, film making, university degree in India or long term paid work on eVisa India (India Visa Online). Additionally, India Visa Online (eVisa India) does not provide the privilege of visiting military or cantonment areas – separate permission is required from the Government of India to visit these protected sites.