Work and travel in Andorra: International Experience Canada

What Andorra offers

Located in the Pyrenees Mountains between France and Spain, CANADA VISA FROM ANDORRA is a small country that is almost entirely mountains, forests, rivers, lakes and meadows. With over 60 mountain trails in Andorra, you can cross the entire country on foot without touching tarmac. Along the Gran Recorrido País trail there are 29 mountain refuges where you can spend the night surrounded by nature.

Andorra is the only country in the world that has Catalan as an official language. Because of its geographic location, Andorrans are also fluent in French and Spanish.

Ten percent of Andorra is declared World Heritage sites by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Summer solstice fire festivals take place on St. John’s Eve (June 23) in various locations, a tradition that is included in UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage.

Andorra’s economic activities are mostly centered on services, tourism and the financial sector. Tourism brings in about 8 million visitors per year.

Who can apply?

To work in Andorra through the Youth Mobility Agreement, you must:

  • be a Canadian citizen
  • be 18-30 years old (inclusive), and
  • have a valid Canadian passport

What type of work visa do I need?

You need to apply for a Working Holiday visa.

Do I need a formal job or internship offer?

No, you don’t need a job offer to apply for a Working Holiday visa.

How long can I stay and work?

You can stay and work in Andorra for up to 12 months.

How do I apply?

To be considered, you need to fill out the online application form.

If you’re selected, you’ll receive a confirmation email with specific instructions to continue the selection process (including the requirement to provide a police check and proof of health insurance).

For any questions, contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of CANADA VISA FAQ by telephone: +011-376-875-704 or by email at

Plan your trip

The best way to make sure your trip is the experience of a lifetime is to plan. Review our travel checklist to find out what you should know or do before travelling to and working in a foreign country.

Need help planning? One of IEC’s recognized organizations (ROs) might be able to help you find a job, transportation, and provide travel advice.

Most ROs charge a fee for their services.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *